Curiosity got the best of me when I saw one too many shares of t-shirt sellers FckH8 video featuring little girls between the ages of 6-8 swearing like low rent thugs supposedly in an effort to bolster feminism. Further, to my disgust, each post was accompanied by a nauseating “you go girls!” or “that’s what I’m talkin’ about!”.
This is feminism? The exploitation of little girls is feminist?
Swearing and being caustic, coarse and socially undesirable is supposed to empower me? That is the kind of attitude I should teach my daughters to take into the interview so they can land the job?
So I clicked and, no surprise, my disgust at this video was visceral.
How ironic that those who purport to exult the fierceness of women degrade the most tender among them to propagandize and forward their erroneous narrative that women are nothing but victims.
Here’s some highlights courtesy of Matt Walsh so that I didn’t have to reward the FckH8 producers with more than one “view”:
- “What the f**k? I’m not some pretty f**king helpless princess in distress. I’m pretty f**king powerful.”
- “So what is more offensive? A little girl saying f**k, or the f**king sexist and unequal way society treats women?”
- “Here’s some words more f**ked up than the word f**k: pay inequality. Women are paid 23 percent less than men… Um, hello? Pay up motherf**ker!”
- “F**ked up facts: one out of five women will be sexually assaulted or raped by a man.”
- “Stop telling girls how to dress and start teaching boys not to f**king rape.”
- “F**k that sexist sh*t… I don’t give a f**k.”
This offensive video is just the latest in the regurgitation of tired, disproven fallacies.
Here is some quick education for you folks that are visiting from TMZ:
- There is no gender pay gap. Please, for the love of God educate yourself. (Video deconstructing that argument here.)
- If sexism is so alive and well in this country, how is it that only 43% of undergraduates today are men and women now make up the majority of the workforce?
- TEACH BOYS NOT TO RAPE? This is disgusting. As if all the little boys in their kindergarten class are pre-programmed for violence toward women. It also completely ignores the reality of scope creep when it comes to the definition of rape, and, if we can all be adults here, ignores the role women have to play in the messages we have been sending men as we participate actively in the “Hook-up” culture.
But there’s something worse than the spread of misinformation here: Mom’s and dad’s allowed their innocent little baby girls to be exploited for political purposes. At the hands of those who champion “women’s rights” no less.
On this blog, we often talk of children’s rights. Their right to life, their right to their mother and father whenever possible, and their right to not be bought and sold like a commodity. Apparently I need to elucidate another right that ought to be self-evident: It is a parents job to protect their child’s innocence.
Because they cannot protect themselves, God has seen fit to grant every child two adults who will look out for them. We parents investigate other parents before we send our kids for a sleepover. We don’t allow our toddler to play near the street or touch the stove. We purchase fire-resistant pajamas. We use trigger locks.
Just like we protect our kids from physical harm, we are also there to protect their minds and hearts. We tell our kids to look away when a commercial for NCIS shows up during the football game. We install computer software to so that porn won’t pop up when they google “nurse costumes” for Halloween. We turn the radio down when the erectile dysfunction ad comes on. Again. We check the ratings on library movies before taking them home. Why? Because kids have a right to innocence, and good parents are vigilant in protecting that.
Not these parents though. Their childrens’ innocence is not as important as their political narrative. Their false and easily disproven worldview supersedes decency and condones pushing their six-year-olds into a trashy early adulthood. This whole “boys are rapists – women are helpless victims in all aspects of society – men are powerful and evil” bell cannot be un-rung. Something intangible and precious has been stolen from these little girls and their parents should be ashamed.
Not to mention these babies, who are still five to seven years away from watching a PG-13 movie, are immortalized on camera wagging their finger and blasting “Pay up motherf**ker!”?
Why has this video gone viral? Because there is something RIGHTLY unnatural about children this young talking like troglodyte adults about adult subjects. This is such a sickening example of adults using children for their own selfish goals and yet they are being praised for it. I’m sure those over at FckH8 are patting themselves on the back for their successful Avant-guard method. The girls in this video, however, will never get back what has been taken from them.
But hey. You got your three days of viral video fame, FckH8. And I betcha’ve sold a bunch of t-shirts.